Washington State Private Investigator Licensing
The state of Washington does require private investigators to be licensed. There are four (4) types of licenses:
- Private Investigator Agency
- Unarmed Private Investigator
- Armed Private Investigator
- Certified Trainer
The Washington State Private Investigator Agency License is required to run a business that conducts investigations in the state of Washington. The requirements for licensing include:
- All agency owners, partners, or qualifying agents must be:
- At least 18 years old, if applying for unarmed license.
- At least 21 years old, if applying for armed license.
- A United States citizen or resident alien.
- You must have:
- In addition, you must have at least three (3) years’ experience or register for the proficiency exam. You must also have A certificate of liability insurance with minimum coverage of $25,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage. Or A $10,000 Private Investigative Agency Surety Bond.