Georgia Private Investigator License
Georgia is a great state to embark on a career as a private investigator. With a Georgia Private Investigator License, licensees can work for a wide range of clients, including law firms, insurance companies and corporations. Major cities like Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, Athens, Macon, and more provide a wide range of places to set up a private investigation business. Georgia private investigators can offer clients a wide range of services to include surveillance, asset investigations, background checks, interviews, process service and more.
To obtain a Georgia Private Investigator License, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- An applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant is a citizen of the United States or a registered resident alien
- Applicant is of good moral character
- Applicant has not been convicted of a felony or any crime involving the illegal use, carrying or possession of a dangerous weapon or any crime involving moral turpitude
- Applicant has not committed an act constituting dishonesty or fraud
- Applicant must also have 2 years of full-time experience with a licensed private detective company, a local, state or federal law enforcement agency, or a four-year degree in criminal justice or a related field from an accredited institution
- Licensees agree to maintain a surety bond of $25,000 or liability insurance of $1 million
- Applicants must pass a written examination
License fees for a Georgia Private Investigator License includes a $100 application fee and a $300 license fee.
For more information on how to obtain a Georgia Private Investigator License, click here.